Sunday, September 26, 2010

Finishing Radiation

Well I know I am officially a slacker.  Seems like life has gone into fast forward these past few months.  So I finished radiation June 28.  Which was actually a day earlier than I thought I was gonna finish so that was awesome.  I did however get extremely burned my last week of radiation but as far as fatigue goes I can't really complain about it.  The people at radiation were amazing and always in a good mood.  I don't know that there enough words for the nurses and doctors that work in oncology offices.  To me they are angels and I am sooo thank ful for them. You'd think when I was done with radiation that I'd be over whelmed with joy and dont' get me wrong I mean I was happy but after leaving radiation for the last time my emotions got the best of me and I broke down in the car.  Radiation was pretty much a cake walk compared to chemo....well actually any thing is a cake walk compared to chemo lol.  So to celebrate I went out to eat (and yes u guessed it we ate SUSHI!! lol)  and celebrate with a few close friends which was awesome. 
It's funny how God puts people in your life at just the right time and just when you need him.  He truly is an all knowing and understanding God.  Here's a pic of me on my last radiation day....not that great of a picture of me but I just love the staff at Dr. Patel's....they are amazing :)

No comments: