Wednesday, November 18, 2009

The News

Today was a day that I'm sure I will always remember. I was given some news by my doctors that would change my life and everything I thought I knew in a matter of minutes. I was told that I had breast cancer and my first thought literally was "Your kidding right?". But after a few moments when I realized my doctor was serious...I couldn't believe it. He was talking to me a 24 year old girl whose biggest problem that day was making it to work on time and now I was being told I had cancer.
But there I sat being told I was going to have to ask the BIG QUESTIONS and start looking into the future. To say I was shocked would be an HUGE understatement. I brought no one with me to the doctor because I never thought in my wildest dreams thought I would get news like this. But there I was face to face with I never thought I would have to think about for at least another 10 years. But here I am facing it or at least trying to, asking for everyone's prayers.
I do not know what God's plan is for my life or why it's me that's having to go through this. But I suppose many people say that when they get news like this. But the truth is no one deserves or wants to get cancer but people do and that is the straight of it. All I do know is that GOD IS IN CONTROL. He holds my hand and walks with me through all of this and will lead me through it all. So I hope you all enjoy my story......I hope it brings awareness and maybe some hope and inspiration. I mean I am the biggest baby of them all (lol) and if I can do it anyone can.
My favorite line from my favorite poem "Foot Prints" pretty much says it all...........................
"My son, my precious child,I love you and I would never leave you. During your times of trial and suffering, when you see only one set of footprints,it was then that I carried you."

No comments: