Friday, November 20, 2009

TESTS, TESTS, TESTS


So Today I went to Park West for a bone and CT scan. I end up having to go 4 hours late because I accidently drank something this morning and was supposed to have no food or drink for 24 hrs. But once again Channing AKA "Superman" (lol) came in to save the day by calling the hospital and changing my appointment time to 12:30. He's sooo always there to save the day...he's amazing. So...I'm just telling you that technology is not what it used to be. Did you know hospitals have the beepers now like restaurants do?? How awesome is that!!! Maybe I am a little too entertained by little things but I'm just saying its pretty cool.
So we get there and I check in while Channing goes to get a drink. Well much to my surprise here he comes a few minutes later w/a bag of chips, a drink, and some cheese cake. I'm like "You know I"m hungry and can't have ANYTHING to eat" and with that little kid grin he says "OH I FORGOT" lol. He's crazy but he makes me laugh and I love him.
So I go back there and they stick me AGAIN...in the same place...my stinkin ANTECUBITAL...which in case no one has been stuck there before is probably the most uncomfortable place to have an IV. I mean I can hardly bend my arm. Then she asks me what flavor I want and I'm like "FOR WHAT??". Apparently I have to drink this ice cream milk shake thing...and FYI VANILLA IS NOT THE BEST FLAVOR. LOL
So I have my CT scan and they inject me with this stuff and the guy is like ok "You are going to feel warm and like you peed your pants but I promise you didnt". I'm like "Oh Oh Okay...I think". So all the sudden I feel firey warm and sure enough there is it I could have sworn I just peed my pants lol. But I realize there are two male technicians lookin at me through the glass so I'm like I really hope I didn't actually pee myself cause I realize I can't actually check in the position I am in lol. And I swear at the same time I was peeing fluid was leaking from my ears lol. But needless to say I did not pee my pants and no fluid was leaking from my ears so CODE GREEN we are good to go. :) Oh yea and my bone scan looked great too so its sooo nice to hear good news for once :) Well there's today's adventure...hopefully the next will be even better or funnier.
"Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make your paths straight. Proverbs 3: 5-6

No comments: