Thursday, January 7, 2010

DRAIN DRAIN....YAY IT FINALLY WENT AWAY!

So Update I got my drain out yesterday and I feel soo AMAZING...without it in I can hardly explain it. I have even caught myself jerking b/c I think it is still in. But I am asking for every one's prayers for the coming week. Although the drain is out there is still a chance that my body is still not ready drain on its own without the lymph nodes that were removed. If this is the case and fluid builds up in my arm I will have to have my arm aspirated, which requires needles and we all know how much I HATE needles lol. But God is faithful and I am trusting in him to carry me through. :)
Tonight I walked out with my puppy into the snow and to say I felt different just playing in the snow would be an understatement. I was so happy because for the first time in a while and I did not have to worry about not moving any certain way and pulling my drain out; I did not feel sick and I was so thankful and almost teary eyed just playing in the snow...just being able to play worry free, pain free,in the snow. That might sound weird but for those who have and are going through trials where you see how hard life can be and then you finally get a break from it...the craziest and simplest things mean more than you can even describe. This morning before I took a shower I called my surgeon's nurse and asked if i could take the bandage off that covered where the drain was in and she told me yes. I then asked "Sooo I"m not gonna fill with water am I?"...she laughed and replied no your not going to fill with water. I mean I do have a little hole in my side so I had to check lol.
Please be in continued prayer that my body will adjust to not having my lymph nodes and begin to drain any fluid that comes through my arm on its own. Also, just wanted to ask for continued prayer for Channing's uncle Timmy as he will soon begin treatment for his colon cancer. I would also like to share another prayer request for two special twins, Ethan and Addison Raby. They were born pre-mature and while they have a long road ahead of them they have two amazing parents who are fighting right along with them and they all need our prayer, this is the link to their blog http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/rabytwins The continued love and support from family and friend humbles me beyond words. God has truly blessed me more than I deserve :)
Psalm 105:1 "Give thanks to the Lord and proclaim his greatness Let the whole world know what he has done"

No comments: